A line is a dot out for a walk.
There’s an endless variety in what we think of as a line and used wisely, they can add interest and personality to your event décor.
Lines can be thick or thin. They can be long or short. The can be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal. They can be solid or dotted or dashed. Lines can be curved or straight of combinations of both. You can use lines to the direct the eyes, suggest personality (straight lines are more professional, while curved are more casual), and create illusions. The direction and weight of a line also have a psychological impact, for instance:
• Horizontal lines indicate response and tranquility
• Vertical lines communicate a feeling of nobleness and spirituality, strength and grandeur
• Combination of a horizontal and vertical lines communicate stability and solidity
• Diagonal lines indicate movement, activity, force and direction and energy
• Soft, shallow curves sow sophistication, comfort and flexibility and femininity
• Deep acute curve-curves indicate confusion, turbulence and instability
the painter stripe linen (or the hampton linen) is our featured product. available in a variety of sizes, its white stripes are silk dupioni, while the black stripes are flocked. its a beautiful and modern yet classic piece to add to your next occasion.